Frank's Cranks - Mahogany Handle
Frank's Cranks - Mahogany HandleFrank FordFrank's Cranks - Mahogany HandleG99996957
There are three sizes:
LARGE - This most versatile size fits Grover Rotomatic, full size Schaller, most classical and other "standard" large guitar tuner buttons. (It won't fit really big ones that are over 7/8” wide, such as the Grover Imperial, nor will it fit really thick ones,e.g., planetary style banjo peg buttons.)
MEDIUM – for Waverly and Grover butter bean tuner buttons, and other smaller sizes, including vintage guitars and many mandolins.
SMALL – The dedicated mandolin string crank. It won’t fit guitar buttons, but it’s the one you’ll want especially for the “F” style where headstock and tuner clearance can be an issue.
The cranks fit tuner buttons closely, and that's an important part of their utility:
1. Seven-degree offset angle for the handle to mimic wrist action and make the winder track more accurately.
2. Full-length bearing in the handle for stability.
3. Close fit on the tuner button - again, for stability.
4. Soft, resilient head to avoid scratching sensitive finishes, even if it does make contact.
5. The heft of a real tool because it's made of aluminum, brass, steel and wood.
If you'd like more information, please call me at the shop: 650-493-2131
WE'RE DOWN TO THE LAST FEW MAHOGANY HANDLE CRANKS, AND I DON'T PLAN ON MAKING MORE ANYTIME SOON, SO WHEN THEY'RE GONE THEY'RE GONE. When a size is sold out, the pull-down choice won't be available in the "Select an Option" box above.