Frank's Crank - Matched Set of 3
Frank's Crank - Matched Set of 3Frank FordFrank's Crank - Matched Set of 3G99996979
1. Orange & Black Swirl, the most popular of the crazy color acrylic cranks. Note the yellow border between the black and orange elements - it really sets off the colors!
2. The classic mixed chunky bits of all sorts. Known around these parts as "Clown Barf," this kind of plastic is a perennial favorite, whether made into electric guitar pickguards, binding or flatpicks:
3. Turquoise Iridescent Pearloid & Red swirl:
4. White Pearloid, Yellow & Black Swirl:
There are three sizes in each set:
LARGE - This most versatile size fits Grover Rotomatic, full size Schaller, most classical and other "standard" large guitar tuner buttons. (It won't fit really big ones that are over 7/8” wide, such as the Grover Imperial, nor will it fit really thick ones,e.g., planetary style banjo peg buttons.)
MEDIUM – for Waverly and Grover butter bean tuner buttons, and other smaller sizes, including vintage guitars and many mandolins.
SMALL – The dedicated mandolin string crank. It won’t fit guitar buttons, but it’s the one you’ll want especially for the “F” style where headstock and tuner clearance can be an issue.
The cranks fit tuner buttons closely, and that's an important part of their utility:
1. Seven-degree offset angle for the handle to mimic wrist action and make the winder track more accurately.
2. Full-length bearing in the handle for stability.
3. Close fit on the tuner button - again, for stability.
4. Soft, resilient head to avoid scratching sensitive finishes, even if it does make contact.
5. The heft of a real tool because it's made of aluminum, brass, steel and wood.
If you'd like more information, please call me at the shop: 650-493-2131
I really do make these myself in small batches from raw materials, so availability will continue to be limited.
When a sityle is temporarily sold out, the pull-down choice won't be available in the "Select an Option" box above. That means I'll be working to get some ready as soon as I can.